Sunday, November 16, 2008

S1 E10 The One with the Monkey

Recap

The gang makes and breaks a pact to celebrate New Year's Eve without dates. Ross compensates for his loneliness by getting a roommate - a monkey named Marcel. Phoebe faces a difficult decision when she meets a shy physicist who's thinking about giving up a fellowship in Minsk to stay with her.


Funny Quotes

Chandler: Hey, that monkey's got a Ross on its ass!


Phoebe's Songs

"Snowman"
I made a man with eyes of coal
and a smile so bewitchin'.
How was I supposed to know
that my mom was dead in the kitchen?
La lalala laaa la lala La lalala la la...

"Mother's Ashes"
My mother's ashes, even her eyelashes,
are resting in a little yellow jar.
And sometimes, when it's breezy,
I feel a little sneezy, and now I...


Oops

Minsk is not, nor has it ever been, in Russia. Until 1991, it was in the USSR and presently, it's the capital of Belarus.


Trivia

1. Which of the friends was described as "luminous with a delicate grace"?
2. Who did Chandler get a new year's kiss from?


Answers to Previous Trivia

1. Ross
[Ross: Do you uh, do you talk about me?
Susan: Yeah, yeah, all the time.
Ross: Really?
Susan: But um, we just refer to you as Bobo the sperm guy.]
2. Chandler's parents announced they were getting divorced during Thanksgiving dinner when he was 9
3. it was a dare

1 comment: