Monday, July 27, 2009

Regrets

A friend of mine recently came back from Hawaii after 6 months of exchange, she stayed at the YMCA International student hall where she met fellow International students from all over the world. Every night, people would gather in the common room and chat til wee hours of the morning. Just before she came back to NZ, she actually went traveling around Japan, visiting and staying at houses of those people she met back in Hawaii. Some of her Korean friends have since then invited her to Korea so they could show her around as well.

It sounded like she had so much fun, I wish I had done something similar, but too late, I already graduated from my Bachelors degree so can't do an exchange *sniff* Hawaii sounds like such a nice place, not to mention the plethora of beautiful hybrids to fill my appetite (I'm inherently into them) LOL and apparently you earn extra credits if you make leis, what easy life! I could just sit at the beach all day or hop on a plane to New York to do some shopping/celebrity spotting. Although... I'm not sure how well I'd cope living at a hostel, the idea of sharing a bathroom with all these other people scare me...

If I had a second chance at this, I definitely would've considered it. Korea would've been cool too apart from I don't think "Saranghae" would've gotten me very far... not sure if I would've made that many Korean friends either coz they tend to stick to their own community and I heard they aren't too friendly to outsiders... My friend's sister went to Korea with a bunch of Korean girls a few years back, while they were walking down the street and chatting away, some guy yelled out "Speak Korean!" The friends yelled back "She's Chinese, she can't speak Korean!" Maybe they thought she was one of those Asians that like to speak English to make themselves seem cooler (I despise them myself too). But I don't think it's just Korea, the general rule when you're in an Asian country is that, if you're white, you're allowed to speak English but if you're Asian, you're expected to speak an Asian language or else you get the stares.

I must say though that I don't really have that many regrets except not saying yes to being the first couple on the dance floor, not saying yes to SM when he asked for a dance and not saying yes to a Ferrari ride. LOL and here I was thinking I have issues saying no to people, but apparently not!

1 comment:

Jun said...

you said WHAT to a ferrari ride???